This guide contains the following sections:
Amazon Simple Storage Service or Amazon S3 is storage for the Internet. You can use Amazon S3 to store and retrieve any amount of data at any time, from anywhere on the web. For more information about Amazon S3, go to the Amazon S3 product page.
AWS S3 integration is available for Monosnap's customers with the plans and platforms below:
Get started with Amazon S3
If you haven’t an Amazon S3 account, please follow this guide from the AWS site to create and activate a new Amazon Web Services account.
Create and set up an S3 Bucket
- Complete this guide from the AWS site to create an S3 bucket.
⚠️ Note! On step 3 Set Permission, disable ✅ Block all public access option as in the image below.
2. To get access to the created bucket, generate API keys. Go to AWS IAM > Users and click Add user/Create new user button.
3. Add a user with a unique name.
4. Select ✅ Programmatic access option to enable Access Key ID and Secret Access Key. This data will help to set up a connection with Monosnap app in the future.
5. Press Next: Permissions button.
6. Go to Set permissions > Attach existing policies directly.
7. You can use the default policy: AmazonS3FullAccess as in the image below.
⚠️ Note! If you don’t want to give Monosnap full access to Amazon S3 buckets, you can create a custom policy, according to this guide.
8. Press Next: Tags button.
9. Next step Add tags is optional. To skip this step, press Next: Review button.
10. In the Review tab, make sure that AWS access type: Programmatic access and press Create user button.
11. ⚠️ After successful user creation, download .csv file. This file contains login data (Access Key ID and Secret Access Key) for the created user. This data will help to set up a connection with Monosnap app in the future.
Connect Monosnap to Amazon S3
- Launch Monosnap application.
- Go to Monosnap’s Preferences > Account > Amazon S3.
- Copy and paste login data (Access Key ID and Secret Access key) from the downloaded .csv file on previous steps.
- For macOS: Select Signature Version: Version 4 (HMAC-SHA256)
- Press Refresh button.
- Select the bucket in the dropdown menu.
- Optional settings:
Star button indicates the default service for uploads. The yellow color shows the default service
Clear/Clear All settings button
Path - path to a folder for uploaded files in the bucket. Monosnap automatically creates a folder or subfolder if there is no specified folder.
✅ Add Path to Base URL - specified path will be automatically added to Base URL (available on macOS only)
Base URL - base URL for uploaded files. If you’re going to use a custom subdomain, enter that in the Base URL. It can be HTTP or HTTPS.
✅ Public links (available on Windows only)
✅ Replace current files - overwrite existing files with the same names. The option is available only for the Windows version (available on Windows only)
- To make sure you’re good, use Test connection/Connect button.
Monosnap settings for Amazon S3 (macOS and Windows)
SSO for Enterprise Plan
To simplify workflow for customers on our Enterprise Plan, we provide additional SSO integrations:
The Okta Identity Cloud gives you one trusted platform to secure every identity in your organization and connect with all your customers.
The Okta allows setting up Amazon S3 preferences for the entire company once and forever. This will speed up the connection process and help to avoid connection mistakes for your employees. All employees will be able to log in in a few clicks and forget about long and complex guides.
How to request Okta integration or another SSO?
Just fill out the contact form here.