In this guide, you’ll find main capture features in Monosnap:
After launching Monosnap, Monosnap icon will appear in the tray. Also, you can see the box with Monosnap logo (Dropzone) in the bottom right corner, both of them open Monosnap's main menu.
Сapture Area allows capturing selected screen area or separate window. Drag over the area you want to capture. Also, the Capture Area tool has additional modes which give you a lot of flexibility depending on your needs:
- Capture window by click.
- Select area and hold Shift button to select a square area.
- Select area and hold Ctrl button to record video.
- Click and hold Ctrl button to record a window.
- Use Ctrl+С to copy color.
- Select area and hold Alt button to enable timer for 5 sec. before taking a screenshot.
- Hold Spacebar button and drag selected area to move.
You can hide/show hint or magnifier for Capture Area in the Monosnap’s Settings > Interface.
Capture Fullscreen allows capturing the entire screen. If you use multiple monitors, Capture Fullscreen takes a screenshot of the area of all monitors.
In the Settings > General, you can set up default actions After screenshot and After upload.
Hotkeys and hidden features
Customized hotkeys help you to speed up your workflow. Monosnap supports hotkeys for basic mentioned options and much more. You can find all of them in the Settings > Hotkeys window. Let’s look at new features in order!
- Capture Fullscreen after 5 sec. enables timer for 5 sec. before capturing the fullscreen.
- Capture Area and Upload automatically uploads screenshots to the default storage right after capturing.
- Capture Frozen Area allows freezing screen before capturing. It helps to capture a pop-up element or video frame.
- Сapture Last Area allows recapturing the same area to keep moving forward with your task, and to give you the exact same screen area.
- Take Screenshot of a Game allows taking screenshots in a fullscreen game.
Image Editor features
In the Monosnap Image Editor, Add Screenshot button adds a screenshot with Capture Area tool under the existing.
📥 Download Monosnap
💭 Contact sales to get more information about seamless integration and security features
✉️ Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
💡 Suggest and upvote for your favorite features here