In this guide, you’ll find all functions in Monosnap for video recording:
- Quick start
- Video recording menu in the status bar
- Video preview window
- Video settings
- 📥 Download and launch Monosnap.
- Open the Monosnap status bar menu and select Record Video.
After that, you’ll find the next options:
- Video recording window with Record button.
- Video recording settings.
- Switch to full screen mode button.
- Video recording menu in the status bar.
- Window resize control allows specifying size area.
📝 Tip: you can resize a recording area in other ways:
✅ To fit the recording area to a window, choose Capture area tool, hold ⌥ and click on the window. Learn more...
✅ Manually. Just click & drag!
Video recording menu in the status bar
After selecting Record video option, the video recording menu appears in the status bar. In this recording menu, you can find basic recording options:
- Start recording.
- Show/hide settings.
- Switch to fullscreen mode - a way to enter fullscreen mode.
- Switch to windowed mode - a way to exit from fullscreen mode.
- Cancel recording.
⚠️ After screen recording starts, options on the recording menu will be replaced:
- Finish Recording.
- Quit video recorder.
To start recording:
- Click on the Record button.
- Go Video menu> Start recording.
- Use the hotkey.
After starting recording, video you’ll see:
- Edges of the recording area become red.
- Toolbar with the next options:
↗️ Arrow and Rectangle tools. All drawing will disappear after some time.
⏹ Record button to finish.
⏯ Pause/resume button. Edges of the recording area become green during the pause.
- Recording time starts counting.
Video preview window
After finishing recording, a Monosnap window with a preview will appear.
In the video preview window, you can:
- Play video
- Rename video
- Select output extension: .MP4 or .GIF
- Save video to the local disk
- Upload button — upload to the default storage
Drag Me panel — upload/save
Burger button — upload to one of the connected storage
- and 7. Trim recorded video
Basic video settings located in the Settings popup:
- FPS — Frames per second is the frequency of consecutive images called frames to appear on display.
- Quality of the recorded video.
- ✅ Capture mouse cursor during video recording.
- ✅ Capture mouse clicks during video recording.
- Webcam allows recording webcam and screen videos simultaneously.
- Audio Inputs for carrying audio signals allow selecting audio devices: system audio, external, or internal mics. For more information, check out the detailed guide: How to record video with audio?
Advanced video settings located in the Preferences > Advanced:
- Default output format: MPEG/GIF.
- GIF FPS — Frames per second is the frequency of consecutive images called frames to appear on display.
- GIF Quality
- ✅ Autosave to “Movies” folder
In the Monosnap Preferences > Hotkeys, you can set up hotkeys for all available video options.
📥 Download Monosnap
💭 Contact sales to get more information about seamless integration and security features
✉️ Questions, comments, concerns? Contact us: email@example.com
💡 Suggest and upvote for your favorite features here